Cyber Security Overview
Cyber security and information protection can be challenging for any company. Franchise restaurants in particular process so many credit cards and have extensive point-of-sale equipment, they quickly turn into data thief magnets. Wi-Fi and digital menu boards open up additional threats.
“Hackers” are not the only danger — any intrusion that disrupts delivery of electronic services can lead to regulatory scrutiny, stakeholder dissatisfaction, and financial losses.
The harm done by a breach is extensive, putting untold dents in customer perceptions and loyalty. Many restaurants don’t know how vulnerable they are until it’s too late. You want data breach coverage in place because quick action is critical if your business is victimized by a cyber-attack.
Answers about the policy, including eligibility, options, enrollment, customer service and more.
Who needs this coverage?
Any business who does any of the following is at risk for a cyber-attack:
- Accepts credit cards.
- Handles or views private information of employees or customers electronically.
- Has Wi-Fi.
- Conducts a portion of their business online.
Who does cyber crime impact?
While stories about large financial services companies tend to be more newsworthy, small and mid-sized businesses are hit by 62% of all cyber-attacks, and the statistics don't stop there:
- 1 in 5 small businesses become victims of cyber-attacks.
- 60% of small businesses close within 6 months of being victimized by a cybercrime.
Tell me what cyber liability covers.
Cyber liability can cover:
- Information security and privacy liability.
- Privacy breach response services.
- Regulatory defense and penalties.
- Website media content liability.
- Crisis management and public relations assistance.
- Payment Card Industry (PCI) fines and costs.
Who is the insurer?
Marsh Sponsored Programs supports the National Owners Insurance Team (NOIT) endorsed Cyber Liability Programs. Coverage will be placed through the participating insurer, Lloyds of London (Beazley Syndicate).
Is there an installment plan available?
Yes! Marsh has partnered with AFCO to provide financing options.
Call +1 800 323 4195 to speak with an account manager about your options.